Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY Matte Lipstick



Let's talk LIPS!

SO what do you do if you are on a budget and you are obsessed with matte lipstick, or you just already found your perfect red shade, you just wish it came in matte as well? Well then hopefully this video below will solve all of your problems!

Oh and something else that's great, mattifying your lipstick also makes it last much longer. It's perfect if you are going into a situation where you probably won't be able to re-apply for a while.
 
Before you watch the video, please excuse the rampant mess and dissgusting walls...I know I know, it's gross, I'm so sorry, please just ignore it! Enjoy (-:
 
 
 
ELF High Definition Powder here.
Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm/Stain in Sweatheart here.
 
If you want to make your own lip plump you can look at my post on DIY Lip Plump here.
No time to make your own lip plump?
I also use Salley Hansen Vita-C Lip Plump which you can get here. I got it at Walgreens for $4.
 
Also, if you made your own Mineral Veil/Face Powder from my post here, you can also use that to mattify your lipstick.
 
In my matte post I talked about the NARS Lip Pencil in Cruella. This is a great blue-red and looks especially nice against light skin. NARS also has other great matte colors in this same lip pencil. You can check them out here. Below is a picture of the NARS in Cruella.
 
I know I know, I'm sooo white.
 
 
I also love love love Tarte's LipSurgence because it's like the Revlon Just Bitten. It is a lip stain and a balm in one AND it's MATTE--at the same time!! SOO awesome!
 BUT the Revlon Just Bitten Balm/Stain is around $7 while the Tarte stains are more pricey like the NARS, both being around $24. You can check out Tarte here. WARNING: You will be tempted to buy all of the colors!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment