Sunday, December 16, 2012

DIY Lip Stain

 
Hey all, so I definitely have not perfected the DIY lip stain, but as I experiment more I will keep you updated!

For now, though, here is what I know when it comes to making your own lip stain...and yes, it is very cheap, like most of my projects!

I use two ingredients:

Cherry KoolAid
Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)





  
So this was one of the most complicated DIY projects I have ever attempted...maybe I was just having an off day...because I hear other people talking about how they tried this and had no problems at all.
 
First of all, I used way more than just one packet of red KoolAid, which is why I just ended up getting a big tub instead. I kept experimenting with packets and it took way too many packets. It was more economical for me to just get a tub of it, but of course, that is a lot of KoolAid that you might never use if you don't drink KoolAid.
 
What I did was put about
 
Two Tablespoons of KoolAid
 
and mixed that with barely any water at all--just enough water to bring the color out of the KoolAid--so about

1/2 teaspoon of water
then I put about

Three Tablespoons of Petroleum Jelly
into the microwave just to make it warm
 
Be careful!!! It is so easy to microwave it too long!!! Like ten seconds or so will do, depending on your microwave.
 
Then I added the KoolAid/water mixture to the petroleum jelly and mixed vigorously for a good five minutes--this is truly how long it takes to get the two to mix in well together so that they are blended and there are no chunks of KoolAid. If it seems too watery like the petroleum jelly is sort of in a puddle, add more KoolAid in 1/2 tsp increments until you have reached the desired consistency.
 
Then you get...
 


So not the most precise operation in the world, but it works! Let me know how it goes...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment